JOB TITLE: Communications and Network Officer
PROGRAM: Systems Strengthening
SUPERVISOR: Director of Operations/Programs
NUMBER OF DIRECT REPORTS:
Coalition for Health Promotion and Social Development, (HEPS-Uganda) is looking to hire a Communications Officer. The ideal candidate should have a passion for working for an organization that promotes health rights and responsibilities.
The Communication Officer will be charged with writing and distributing content to promote the organization’s brand and activities both electronically and in print. He/she is expected to steer effective and interactive communication across different mediums as well as through design, writing, production, and distribution of communication materials. Attached is the detailed job description.
Interested persons can email their applications to email@example.com coped to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5th March 2021. Only shortlisted persons will be contacted and if you do not hear from us by 15th March 2021, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Develop and disseminate timely and accurate information that promotes HEPS Uganda's goals and objectives and ensure appropriate communication to relevant audiences in regard to HEPS advocacy and empowerment priorities.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Ensure implementation of HEPS Uganda’s Communication Strategy
- Develop and manage communications tools linking HEPS Uganda to Partners, network members, and CSO allies (through list serves, website, etc)
- Responsible for awareness creation and profiling of HEPS Uganda programs, advocacy, and campaigns through identification and utilization of media opportunities
- Post regular information and updates to partners and network members on areas of program interest to HEPS Uganda
- Ensure sufficient communications support to HEPS Uganda advocacy and campaigns and overall program work
- Responsible for writing, editing, layout, and formatting of newsletters, policy briefs, and other communication kits to sufficient editorial standards
- Responsible for writing, editing, and preparation of media briefs, press releases, info packs, and organizing media and dissemination events
- Identify and advise on potential media opportunities viz HEPS Uganda reports, research outputs, and other resources including making them accessible to popular audiences
- Manage the HEPS Uganda website through regular updating of content to meet the information needs of members/partners and other network members
- Coordinate and maintain an effective social media presence
- Any other relevant communications roles that may arise
- HEPS Uganda publications (newsletters, policy briefs, etc)
- Expansion of HEPS Uganda network
- Communication and media support
- Updated of website
- Adequate social media presence
- Education: University degree in communication, journalism, media studies, or related. Advanced degree an asset.
- Knowledge and Skills: Writing and editing; sound understanding of developing communications strategies; desktop publishing, web design, and management of content
- Experience: At least three years relevant professional experience which should include, website content management, report writing, development of publications (design and editing). Experience in working in the media an asset.
- Behavioral Competencies: Strategic thinker who recognizes and identifies the role of effective communications within an organization; a self-driven and motivated individual with a strong sense of initiative to work independently with minimum supervision; a team player who contributes to overall program success; excellent written communication and editing skills.